Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Adorable? Aww shucks.

Damn! What a day for the ego! One resident, one maintenance man and one colleague told me I looked pretty in my dress today! AND THEN I get nominated for the Adorable Award by the esteemed Reverend Awesome. It almost makes up for discovering a resident in our copy room about to take a leak on a pile of copy paper. (He got confused looking for the men's room.) So my most heartfelt thanks to Adorable Reverend, and here are my obligatory 10 things about myself:










1. I like scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. 
2. My eyes have gotten greener as I've gotten older.
3. The sound of people eating for me is as nerve-jangling as nails on a chalkboard to other people.
4. I bruise like a goddamned peach.
5. My right leg is 1 1/2 inches longer than the left.
6. I hate pork.
7. I drink too much coffee.
8. Hugh Laurie frequently appears in my dreams, but only as Dr. House and not in a sexy way in the least.
9. I am tired of hearing about zombies.
10. I got a bad grade in kindergarten for using scissors oddly. I could cut things just damn fine, but Mrs. Hopkins didn't like free-thinkers and since I held my scissors differently, I needed to be punished.


And so, I nominate:



  • The fabulous Aimee at Raimen Pride. May the light never shine on "As the Nose Runs" while we're still alive & can deny authorship.
  • Marcy at Playtime at Hazmat. In honor of her ongoing war against Parents magazine & those who insist on erroneously sending it to her.
  • My dear friend Silsbee, if only for her casual use of the phrase "the bees' knees."





If you choose to accept this award, rules are as follows:

• Thank the person who gave you this award, and link back to them in your post.
• Tell us 10 things about yourself.
• Nominate your bloggers.
• Contact these bloggers, and let them know they received this award.

6 comments:

  1. Aw! You rule! Thank you for the Adorable nomination! I have a new chapter in the parenting magazine saga to post - finally, some progress - just haven't gotten time to do it. Hopefully this weekend!

    When I was in second grade, I had to take a multiple choice test in Mrs. Ravniker's class. I got 100% of the answers right, but she yelled at me and then sent it home to my mom because instead of circling the correct answers, I drew hearts or stars around the 'a' or 'b' or 'c'. I guess we free sprits were too much CCS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... were too much FOR CCS! (Me no type good.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Damn thing ate my comment!!)
    Um.
    Congratulations!! You and your blog are adorable. (And thanks for nominatin' mine!)

    I did not know many of these facts about you. Where have I been?? Also: eating with me must drive you crazy. Poor soul. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kerry! This is awesome! I don't have any blog friends but you to nominate right now, but I reserve the right to nominate in the future.

    And as far as scissors, it must be a southern-tier taboo...I got in trouble in preschool for cutting the play-dough with scissors! To the point where I remember the teacher yelling at my Mom when she came to pick me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What was with our elementary school teachers?? Oh, the horrors of being original and using hearts or stars instead of circles. Or using different fingers to hold your scissors. Or using scissors to cut playdough instead of getting it all up in your nails. I'm glad those lessons of conformity didn't stick to us three, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wonder what proper scissor handling looks like. That is something teachers keep an eye on? So weird. I need to befriend an elementary school teacher and ask them how they decide what the proper way to hold scissors is. The sickos!

    ReplyDelete