I've had ideas, but either I don't have access to the photos I want while I'm doing this at work (shh) or I fall into an exhausted heap when I get home.
I promise to be better.
Some interesting things lately:
- there's a flock of wild turkeys that are hanging around South Hill. I passed them on 96B driving to work the other day. I swear one of them waved back when I beeped.
- I got our Kazoo Band at work to perform at our Annual Campaign kick-off event at Barnes & Noble on October 30th. Yes, the senior community where I work has a club called the Mad Hatters' Kazoo Band. They are SERIOUS. They have rehearsals & arrangements and special hats for different performances. They were very excited about this event and went straight to work on special hats for the performance.
- Another hobo sighting- they must know I'm friends with Gary. Brett & I were at the Ale House for dinner, waiting at the bar for our table and enjoying a delicious beer when a homeless guy toddles up to the bar and yells, "Barkeep! A glass of water here!" The bartender, who was pouring drinks for other PAYING customers, very nicely told him he'd be with him in just a minute, then gave the dude a glass of water, which he sucked down and then left the place after thanking the bartender with a fistbump.
- I fixed my ipod. The screen was doing a faded version of the WSoD (white screen of death) but I learned how to reset it and downloaded the software updates so it's good as new now. Whew.
- I finally read the last Harry Potter book. I bought it when it first came out, but for some reason, I didn't dig right in (very unlike me) and just flipped to the back to see if Harry lived or not.
- What the hell is up with T. Rex's lyrics??? Seriously- he makes Lewis Carroll's jabberwocky sound like an automobile owner's manual.
- I ate a grilled peanut butter, cream cheese & pickle sandwich last night. It was surprisingly really really good. I know, I also worried for my sanity.
- I just ordered us a new vegetable/rice steamer.
- We are not attending the family NJ clambake festivities this year. We decided we're just beat from everything going on, and since we want to dress up & go whole hog at the Rhiner Fest next weekend, we thought it best to save up our energy (and money). I'm all for any event that turns Castaways into a waterside speakeasy, complete with secret password.
- We celebrated Minchy Day on Wednesday. It has been 7 years since Minchy joined us. I feel bad that we didn't do anything exciting- we usually have his doggie friends over for play- but we'll take a long walk Saturday morning that hopefully will make up for it.