Monday, October 24, 2011

Inka, binka, bottle of stink

Working with seniors is always ... interesting.
In my nearly three years at my place of employment, I've seen the woman whose pants mysteriously disappeared everyday after breakfast (seriously- we NEVER found them), a woman who liked to wear the plastic wrapping on a bouquet of flowers as a headdress, and the gentleman who was fond of telling pretty, young volunteers, "Hey, honey, if you come up to my room, I'll show you my trophies." With accompanying eyebrow wiggling.

The other day, I was walking by the elevators and saw a resident standing in front of the up or down elevator buttons. She was tapping them and repeating (in a stage whisper) "Eeny meeny miney moe. Catch a tiger by his toe. If he hollers, let him go. Eeny meeny miney moe. My mother told me to pick this one right here." Followed by "Come on, UP!" She was playing the elevator buttons like a slot machine.

1 comment:

  1. Seniors love the slots! I sort of want to do that on the elevator tomorrow morning. Not giving a flying f#ck is gonna be awesome!

    ReplyDelete